Friday, March 4, 2011

Facebook Fan Page

Hi guys,

I know I've been neglecting my blog a bit lately...life just seems to keep getting in the way. I've been spending time in the various forums promoting Breathless and getting the word out. On that note, I have just launched the official Facebook fan page for Breathless. There is a link to the page on this site, and I would love for you to "like" it and tell everyone you know about it. You can also find in here. To get started, I`ve added some personal photos with captions, and I`ll try to keep the status current as I write wanderlust.

If you haven't had a chance to read the USA Today story on Amanda Hocking yet, check it out here.

I also encourage you to check out her response on her blog. Amanda Hocking is an amazing talent and success story. Like Amanda, I am a self-published author. And, while I haven't experienced her brand of success yet, I have been very blessed thanks to all of you.

As far as indie authors go, I aspire to her success, and I think she did an exceptional job at describing the hard work that goes into promoting our books. I have spent much more time doing that than I did writing Breathless. I would love to spend more time writing, but between my full time job, writing, and promoting my books...there's not much time left in the day.

Breathless has sold more than 6,000 copies, and, out of hundreds of thousands of books, it dipped as low as number 202 in the overall paid Kindle books. It's moving back down the ranks after several very successful weeks. If you know anyone who might be interested in reading it, please let them know they can get it for all kinds of ereaders at the following links.

amazon.com
amazon.co.uk
Smashwords
Goodreads
Barnes and Noble
Lulu
Kobo


So, once again, a resounding thank you for everyone who has supported me thus far on my journey. It's been a wild ride, and every minute of it has been wonderful!

Have a great weekend everyone!
HH

2 comments:

  1. Heather,

    I too enjoy Amanda Hocking's work and think she is a very talented author. I have read 8 of her 9 ebooks, and love them all!

    On another note, I have told many co-workers, family, and friends about Breathless giving it a high recommendation! I look forward to reading more of your books in the future as they come out, especially Wanderlust! Hoping I won't have to wait much longer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda,

    Thanks for checking out my blog. I really appreciate you spreading the word about Breathless--there is no better prmotion than word of mouth, and it warms my heart to hear that you're advocating for me!

    I've been workingon Wanderlust all day, and it's about two-thirds complete! I'll be moving full-speed ahead from here to the end!

    Cheers,
    HH

    ReplyDelete