Thursday, June 16, 2011

Wanderlust and What's Next

Hi everyone,

Sorry I've been offline a lot lately...so much to do, so little time. I'm so excited to start receiving feedback about Wanderlust. You have all been so generous with your support, and it means a lot to mean.

For those of you who have already read the book, there are a few unexpected twists...some, I was surprised to see as well. I write whatever flows naturally from my fingers to the keyboard. So, that means, I'm even surprised sometimes by the words that come out. Typically, I have a general idea of where I want to go when I sit down to write--I have some thoughts in my head about what needs to happen--but how I string those thoughts from point a to point b...well, I never know!

I'm not going to lie--I was a bit worried about how readers would digest them. I debated removing some of them from the book, but ultimately, I felt like they served a greater purpose and I would be remiss to remove them. Sorry for speaking in code, but I don't want to spoil anything for people who haven't read it yet. Those of you who have likely catch my drift!

That said, I expect Life's Blood to take a few twists of its own. What they will be...I'm just as excited to find out as the rest of you. As you know, I have started writing so now is the time to tell me your thoughts. If there is a character you're dying to read more about (e.g. Balty, Mina, Grandma) or one that you just can't stand (I know for some of you that means Lia...but she has to stay), let me know.

I will likely be releasing the first book in another series I have been working on between now and the release of Life's Blood, and I'll keep you posted so you have the details of its release. Some of the research for Life's Blood will be taking place overseas, so you'll have to wait just a bit longer, but hopefully, it will be well worth the wait!!!

Thanks again to all of you for your continued support! And, keep writing--I love hearing from you all.

Cheers,
HH

3 comments:

  1. I would love to see more Mina in the next book. I think she would play a big part in Chaseyn becoming a human, turning full on vamp, or (shudder to think) dying. As far as Balty, I am kinda torn. I like him, but I don't like that he wants to kill Chaseyn. I'm sure you will find an interesting way to incorporate him (if you choose to)though. Thanks for addingthe tidbits about your writing style. I was wondering how you went about the process of creating this lovely world we are all now wrapped up in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I want to see more Chaseyn. I would also really like to see more on Lia and Chaseyn as a couple, and getting more involved. With that said, I'm with the lovefluttersby. I think Mina would play a big role in Chaseyn's life and helping him with the answers he needs. Lia's Grandmother seems to know a about Chaseyn's world, so I wouldn't be surprised if she knew a thing or two that she wasn't willing to share, or give up easily...

    I love your writing style, and am looking forward to the many, many more projects you decide to share with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see more of Lia and Chaseyn as a couple. I would like to see them try to make Chaseyn a human but in the long run it just wouldn't be the same. Maybe let them take the next step in their relationship and Lia become pregnant that would throw a big loop in the story, and let her make her decision to change with Chaseyn as he is about to die. I would also like to see Eli and Addie together they are a cute couple.. I can't wait for Life's Blood.

    ReplyDelete